2 South Dakota Cities Make List Of ‘Best Small Towns in America’
Of all the great small towns in South Dakota, these two are the only ones that made the list of “150 Best Small Towns in America”.
Family Destinations Guide polled 3,000 families across the United States to identify the best small towns to visit.
The top 10 Best Small Towns In America according to their survey included these cities...
- Holualoa, HI (Population - 2,827)
- Ely, NV (Population - 4,002)
- Anna Maria Island, FL (Population - 8,500)
- Old Koloa Town, HI (Population - 2,231)
- West Yellowstone, MT (Population 1,269)
- Gatlinburg, TN (Population - 3,726)
- Chincoteague, VA (Population - 3,306)
- Sitka, AK (Population - 8,407)
- Sedona, AZ (Population - 9,763)
- Ketchikan, AK (Population – 8,037)
The only two South Dakota towns to make the list. And kind of surprisingly both are in the eastern part of the state near the border with Minnesota.
At #28 was Gary, South Dakota with a population of 239 people.
And with a population of 11,048 Brandon, South Dakota came in at #117.
TRENDING FROM RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE MEDIA SIOUX FALLS
10 Wealthiest Cities in South Dakota
Where are the wealthiest communities in the state? Well, according to a recent study by Homesnacks, the top spot is located right here in the Sioux Empire.