Where Are Sioux Falls’ Best Sledding Hills?
A couple of years ago I came across an article in one of my favorite publications, about favorite sledding hills in our state. Published in Yankton, Bernie Hunhoff's South Dakota Magazine covers all things in all places across the state.
They had great sledding hill suggestions from corner-to-corner South Dakota-wise and it got me thinking about sledding places in and around Sioux Falls. So I asked for some ideas from listeners and Facebook friends.
There were a couple of the usual suspects and some surprises:
- Our friend Diana Ingram suggested the tried and true Spellerberg park hill -"We live close and there is plenty of room for lots of sledders".
- Paula Campbell agreed with that, but refers to it as the Midco hill now, due to the aquatic center's location there now.
- Good buddy Grant Nustad suggested Leaders Park (500 N. Leadale Avenue) for its wild bumps that would send you flying - - and Becky Weir agreed.
- Tuthill Park was the perfect place for Debra-Brown Waltner and Sweet "Ironjaw" Fisher.
- And a suggestion from our friend Bill Murphy and many others was, of course, the tubing hill at Great Bear!
For the record, South Dakota Magazine's choices for best Sioux Falls sledding hills were also Tuthill Park, Spellerberg Park, and Great Bear.