20 Items That Goodwill Does Not Accept
Goodwill is a great place to drop off donations and help a few folks who could benefit. However, there are some items that Goodwill does not accept. Here's 20 of them:
1. Personal Care Items: combs, hairbrushes, toothpaste, etc.
2. Appliances: washers/dryers or that 600 lb. beast of a TV we watched Archie Bunker on.
3. Encyclopedias: That World Britannica A - Z we got from a traveling salesman when we were kids.
4. Antifreeze or motor oil: Anything considered hazardous waste.
5. Aerosol cans: toss the AquaNet hairspray already.
6: Your mattress or waterbed: People have tried but a big 'no' on this one.
7. Console stereo - IF over 4 feet long: That behemoth of a Zenith will have to find another home.
8. Car seats
9. Fluorescent light bulbs
10. Your boat
11. Truck or auto: really any mode of transportation
12. Fire extinguisher
13. The backyard swing set
14: Chain link fence
15: Copy machines
16: Railroad ties!
17: Your old telephone
18. Weapons: guns, bow and arrow, pocketknives, etc.
19. Gutters and downspouts
20, Air conditioners or furnaces
There are more detailed lists at the official Goodwill website. It could save you a trip when doing that early spring cleaning.
Remember, if you drop any of these items off after hours at Goodwill, they have to pay
expensive removal fees which takes funding away from mission programming. So let's play nice. If you're unsure, call ahead to save a headache.
- 4701 E 41st St.
- 3400 S Norton Ave.
- 120 N Kiwanis Ave