Off the Tee: Rory Wins the Players Championship, Odds on Favorite to Win The Masters
The on again, off again game of Rory McIlroy was back with a vengeance at the Players Championship, where McIlroy used some clutch shots down the stretch to win for just the second time on the PGA Tour in the last three years.
In this edition of 'Off The Tee', Joel Harrington from 4 Deep Golf blog and I discuss a final round at TPC Sawgrass that seven different leaders.
We also cover:
- The feel-good story of the week: 49-year-old Jim Furyk held the clubhouse lead briefly during the final round before finishing second by one stroke. That finish vaults him 110 spots in the world rankings
- Jon Rahm ignores his caddy, hits into the water on 11. (WARNING: NSFW language)
- Tommy Fleetwood plays his way out of contention on Sunday
- Tiger Woods goes quadruple bogey on 17 in round two but could have saved himself a couple of strokes if he had played a drop differently.
- With the move from May to March, the conditions at TPC Sawgrass were much different this year.
- A preview of this week's Valspar Championship.
- The Masters is three week away. Who are the early favorites?
Here's our full conversation: