South Dakota Resident Only Pheasant Season Opener This Weekend
Thousands of hunters across the country know one date during the calendar year that leads them to the upper plains. The third weekend in October all have their sites on the South Dakota Pheasant opener.
Beginning Saturday, October 21 hunters will be walking the most beautiful habitat for the state bird which, according to game officials, harvest numbers are looking good. The season will end on January 31.
South Dakota residents will get their first shot at the state bird this weekend, October 14.
The daily limit is 3 cock pheasants, possession 15. To hunt pheasants, residents are required to hold small game, 1-day small game, adult, senior, or junior combinations, or youth small game licenses. And, nonresidents must obtain adult or youth small game or nonresident shooting preserve licenses.
South Dakota Pheasants Forever provides hunters with where to hunt through the season in State-Owned Public Hunting areas and Walk-In areas.
Here are more South Dakota Hunting Seasons:
- Antelope Firearms - Through October 15, 2023
- Archery Antelope - Through October 31, 2023
- Archery Deer - Through January 1, 2024
- Pheasant - October 14-January 31, 2024
- Deer Black Hills - November 1-30, 2023
- Deer West River - November 11-26, 2023
- Deer East River - November 18-December 3, 2023
- Deer West River Buck - November 11-26, 2023
- Deer East River Buck - November 18-December 3, 2023
- Deer Muzzleloader - December 1-January 1, 2024
- Deer Antlerless - December 9-17, 2023
- Turkey Fall - November 1-January 31, 2024
There are many more specified hunting seasons for big and small game here.
Experience Sioux Falls will roll out the red carpet once again to hunters at the Sioux Falls Regional Airport. Staff will be handing out gifts and local information with a one-of-a-kind greeting.
TRENDING FROM RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE MEDIA SIOUX FALLS
Gallery Credit: RESULTS-TOWNSQUARE MEDIA SIOUX FALLS
States with the most registered hunters
Gallery Credit: Meagan Drillinger
Sioux Falls South Dakota Brewery Guide
Gallery Credit: Dave Roberts