What Professional Sports Team Would You Buy If You Won the Lottery?
$1.6 billion is currently on the line for the Powerball drawing. With that amount of money, what professional sports team would you buy?
Athlon Sports decided to take a look at what would be possible. They mention that after taxes a person would take home roughly $400 million. That would not be enough to purchase a team outright in the NFL, MLB, or NBA. According to Forbes, the lowest price teams in each league are the Milwaukee Bucks ($625 Million), Tampa Bay Rays ($625 Million), and Detroit Lions ($1.44 Billion)
Don't fret! The NHL has plenty of available options. Forbes says 15 of the 30 NHL teams are valued at $400 million or less. So which one do you purchase?
- Anaheim Ducks ($400 Million)
- Minnesota Wild ($380 Million)
- Ottawa Senators ($370 Million)
- Colorado Avalanche ($360 Million)
- Winnipeg Jets ($350 Million)
- New Jersey Devils ($330 Million)
- New York Islanders ($325 Million)
- Buffalo Sabres ($300 Million)
- St. Louis Blues ($270 Million)
- Tampa Bay Lightning ($260 Million)
- Nashville Predators ($255 Million)
- Columbus Blue Jackets ($226 Million)
- Carolina Hurricanes ($225 Million)
- Arizona Coyotes ($220 Million)
- Florida Panthers ($186 Million)
So who would you take?