Stampede Eliminates Sioux City with Dominating 6-1 Victory
There's nothing quite like an intense, winner takes all playoff game between two bitter rivals.
The Sioux Falls Stampede were more than up to the task Tuesday in Game 5 of the USHL Western Conference semifinals against Sioux City. The Herd dominated from the opening face-off to take a 6-1 victory over the top seed Musketeers at the Tyson Events Center, winning the series three games to two.
Parker Tuomie opened the scoring for the Stampede at 11:48 of the first period, going top shelf on Musketeer goalie Collin Olson. Logan O'Conner scored the game winning goal on the power play just 49 seconds into the second period to make it 2-0. The Herd scored four goals in the second period and one in the third.
O'Conner finished with two goals and an assist for Sioux Falls. MIkey Eyssimont and Cooper Marody each had a goal and an assist while Stefanos Lekkas made 21 saves for the Stampede. The Herd outshot Sioux City 54-22.
The Stampede advance to the Western Conference Finals against the Tri-City Storm. Game 1 in the best of five series is Friday night in Kearney, Neb.
USHL CLARK CUP PLAYOFFS -- WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
- Game 1: Friday, April 24, 7:30 PM – Sioux Falls at Tri-City
- Game 2: Saturday, April 25, 7:05 PM – Sioux Falls at Tri-City
- Game 3: Friday, May 1, 7:05 PM – Tri-City at Sioux Falls
- Game 4: Saturday, May 2, 7:05 PM – Tri-City at Sioux Falls**
- Game 5: Tuesday, May 5, 7:05 PM – Sioux Falls at Tri-City**