Eight Left after Talladega
After Sunday's race at Talladega, the field of eight in The Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship is set. We will take a look at who's in and who got knocked out at the Hellmann's 500.
According to NASCAR.com, these eight drivers go on to the next three race segment at Martinsville, Texas and Phoenix:
1. Joey Logano (No. 22 Ford, Team Penske--won at Talladega to lock in Round of 8 spot)
2. Jimmie Johnson (No. 48 Chevrolet, Hendrick Motorsports--won at Charlotte to lock in Round of 8 spot)
3. Kevin Harvick (No. 4 Chevrolet, Stewart-Haas Racing--won at Kansas to lock in Round of 8 spot)
4. Matt Kenseth (No. 20 Toyota, Joe Gibbs Racing)
5. Carl Edwards (No. 19 Toyota, Joe Gibbs Racing)
6. Denny Hamlin (No. 11 Toyota, Joe Gibbs Racing)
7. Kurt Busch (No. 41 Chevrolet, Stewart-Haas Racing)
8. Kyle Busch (No. 18 Toyota, Joe Gibbs Racing)
These drivers were eliminated:
Austin Dillon (No. 3 Chevrolet, Richard Childress Racing)
Martin Truex Jr. (No. 78 Toyota, Furniture Row Racing)
Brad Keselowski (No. 2 Ford, Team Penske)
Chase Elliott (No. 24 Chevrolet, Hendrick Motorsports)
Truex and Keselowski went out with engine problems. As far as Dillon, he and Denny Hamlin tied for the final transfer spot. Hamlin will advance due to winning the tiebreaker, which is the best finish in the Round of 12. Hamlin finished third at Talladega; Dillon's best finish of the round was sixth at Kansas.
As far as the race at Talladega itself, it went into overtime with four laps extra. Joey Logano powered ahead after a restart on lap 191 and went on to victory. Take a look at where your driver finished.
Next up, Martinsville on Sunday. Catch the action live on AM1000 KXRB starting at 11:00 AM.