Not One, But Two Jackrabbit WBB Players Out for Season
News from the hardwood is seldom at this stage of the offseason, and unfortunately for the 2023-24 Jackrabbit Women's Basketball team, they're in the news as we head towards the weekend.
In a release from the University on Friday afternoon, it has been announced that both Haleigh Timmer and Kallie Theisen will miss the upcoming season with injuries.
There were no further details given in the release other than that the injuries were sustained in the offseason.
It's extremely tough news for Coach Aaron Johnston and the Jacks, as they look to repeat as Summit League Champions this season.
The duo appeared in all 35 games for the Jacks last season, with Timmer making 35 starts. As a pair, they combined for more than 18 points per game, and will be dearly missed on the floor.
SDSU Women's Basketball is coming off of an undefeated conference season, and finished with a 29-6 record which included a trip to the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
It's next player up time for the Jacks, as they prepare to open the season next month.
The Jacks have an exhibition game against Minnesota-Duluth on November 1st, before they officially open the season on November 6th when they play host to Arkansas State.
Be sure to follow the link below for the full release from GoJacks.com.
Source: GoJacks.com (Full Story)
Know Your South Dakota College and University Mascots
- What does it take to be a mascot?
- "Losing a bet or filling an opportunity!" Welch says, "An internal energized desire to love life. After meeting great performers who are introverts out of costume, they become the center of attention when they take the stage. And also feeding off the performance of others."
- Why does the mascot never talk?
- "Know your role and shut your mouth. You are there to entertain. Tell the story with your actions and not your voice."
- Advice to someone putting on that costume for the first time?
- "Remember you are now in a costume. Have fun. Otherwise, you're just a dork in tights. If the fur ain't flying you ain't trying."
Gallery Credit: Dave Roberts