Sanford Pentagon Hosting Youth Basketball Events During COVID-19 Pandemic
The Sanford Pentagon has announced that summer youth basketball events will continue at the facility with COVID-19 precautions in place.
According to the Sanford Pentagon, the facility wants to give youth the opportunity to continue to hone skills while providing a safe environment for them to do so. 123 total basketball games for boys and girls grades 5-11 will take place from June-August.
All of the tournaments will adhere to the guidelines set by the CDC and will involve restrictions on occupancy. The Pentagon will only use six of the nine courts available, helping people in the building social distance. Seating at the Pentagon will not be provided for these tournaments, and those attending are encouraged to bring a lawn chair and separate around the courts. These are all of the tournament precautions the Pentagon is taking to hold the events this summer:
- All Pentagon Tournaments will adhere to all current state, municipal, and CDC guidelines and protocols, including reduced occupancy numbers and social distancing.
- Games will be played on six of the nine Pentagon basketball courts.
- Empty courts will be used for buffer areas and allow social distancing for athletes and fans between games.
- Teams will only play three games during one-day events.
- The admission gate fee is included in the tournament entry fee. No money will exchange hands.
- Teams will be limited to 32 total patrons which include coaches, athletes, and fans.
- Non-athlete fans must be 12 years or older to enter the facility.
- At the conclusion of a team’s final scheduled game, all team patrons must vacate the facility.
Everyone going to the Pentagon to these youth events will also have procedures to enter and exit the building:
- All patrons will enter the Pentagon via the main entrance doors
- No money will exchange hands at the gate as the admission fee is included in the team entry fee.
- No more than 32 patrons (athletes, coaches, fans) per team are permissible in the facility.
- A Pentagon staff member will screen each patron upon arrival at the facility.
- Each patron will have their temperature taken. Anyone entering with a temperature of over 100 degrees will be denied access to the facility.
- Temperatures will be taken with a thermal thermometer.
- Patrons will receive a wristband indicating they have been screened for the session.
- All patrons will exit through the VIP or Employee Entrances.
Finally, the Pentagon will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of the equipment that is being used.
- No basketballs will be allowed to be brought into the Pentagon. All warm-up and game balls will be provided.
- Basketballs will be sanitized between games.
- All bench chairs and score-keeping areas will be sanitized at the conclusion of each game.
- The facility will be cleared of all patrons at the conclusion of each session.
- Hand sanitizers will be positioned on all courts.
- Pentagon staff will wear gloves and masks (if necessary) throughout the event.
- Athletes and coaches will be encouraged to wash their hands at the conclusion of each game.
Summer youth tournaments include Summer Slam, Dakota Challenge, Summer Classic, and Hardwood Challenge. More information about all of those tournaments can be found here.
Information Courtesy: Sanford Pentagon
Seven Unique Sports Items that I have in my Basement